Tipple & Slaw at The Forum is not new to the yuppies & the hip with its INDIECENT WEDNESDAYS, MEET UP THURSDAYS, & R1OT FRIDAYS. Its nightlife is notorious for giving out mean parties left & right and is actually one of Manila’s current nightlife hotspots. A huge open bar occupies half the resto space for crying out loud.
But in the mornings, you wouldn’t think Tipple & Slaw just had a blast the night before with its restrained mood, tone, and feel. (#AkalaMoMaginooYunPalaMedyoBastos) The owners actually want to elevate Tipple & Slaw to lunch/dinnertime beer & cocktail pairings with their slew of thick, fat, juicy sandwiches. Their target is to have at least 25 on their menu as a matter of fact. For now it’s at 12 (the very least -and if I calculated correctly) & counting.
Tipple means to drink. And Slaw is.. to eat I guess. 2 of my favorite activities! At the helm of Tipple & Slaw is the youthful & energetic Chef Francis Lim (of Nav Modern Thai Cuisine & Melting Pot fame).
Tipple & Slaw
Tipple & Slaw’s 12 Sandwiches (plus 3 burgers, 5 wraps) and counting:
– Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Seasoned skin-on chicken, grilled vegetable slaw, lime mayo, ciabatta 280.00
– B.B.L T. Sandwich. Smoked bacon, blue cheese lettuce slaw, sliced tomato 330.00
– Italian Beef Sandwich. Roast beef, grilled peppers, Giardiniera, spicy mustard, beef drippings 350.00
– Truffle Grilled Cheese Sandwich. 4 cheese, trufflle, honey, tomato soup 300.00
– Porchetta Sandwich. Stuffed and roasted pork belly, pickled red onions, arugula, balsamic syrup, ciabatta 350.00
– Pastrami Sandwich. 10-hour smoked beef belly, spicy mustard, creamy horseradish, pickles, slaw 350.00
– Shrimp Sandwich. Poached shrimps, lemon shrimp mayo, watercress, alfalfa300.00
– Coney Island Hotdog Sandwich. Grilled hotdogs, chopped onions, chili, grated cheese 300.00
– Braised Short Ribs Sandwich. Slow-cooked beef short ribs, creamy cheese, pickled red onions 300.00
– Po’ Boy. Fried oysters and shrimps, pear mustard slaw, sprouts, crusty loaf 300.00
– Reuben Sandwich. Corned beef, pickled cabbage, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing, rye bread 330.00
– Lobster Roll. Fresh lobster, sour cream and onion, lemon butter, lobster aioli450.00
Yep, I counted correct. ;) One down. Homaygas 11 to go! Iisa-isahin ko talaga yan!
Apart from them killer sammies, Tipple & Slaw also has a host of other food sure to excite you..
Tipple & Slaw. Where everything is #SERIOUS BITING and #SERIOUS DRINKING !