Law of love: Treat people the same way YOU want to be treated.
Another parenting series form pastor Tan Chi today, woohoo! :)
How to treat family members:
1.) Be respectful.
– Don’t be MOODY (silent treatment = selfishness). If you can make an effort to be nice to your friends even if you are in the foulest of moods, show the same courtesy to your family.
– No unkind words (such as Get out, or Shut up!)
– Respect your children even if they are young/small.
2.) Be forgiving.
32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
– conflict is inevitable. You are not perfect, no one is. You will offend & be offended, so practice forgiveness.
– 3 steps: say sorry, ask for forgiveness, HUG. Hugging is very important because even if at first you don’t feel it, physical contact stimulates love which brings about the willingness to forgive.
– be angry, but do not sin. Get rif of wrath/bitterness. Don’t give the devil a place in your life.
2 Corinthians 2:10-11
3.) Be givers, not takers. Do not be selfish. We have the ENTITLEMENT morality. We always think that we deserve. So parents, do not spoil your children, but instead teach them intentionally when they are wrong.
4.) Be accountable. Admit when you are wrong & apologize.
5 Better is open rebuke
than hidden love.
6 Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
but an enemy multiplies kisses.
5.) Be a DREAM RELEASER. Stimulate your children to do good deeds. Give them wings to fly. Children, get out of your comfort zone & BE WILLING TO TRY.
I hope that with the parenting series, my Hunny & I can be better parents to our children. After all, that is our ultimate purpose on earth.
For a video of pastor Tan Chi’s preaching, please click here!