On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: 3 French Hens, 2 Turtle Doves, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
I first met Chef Anna Chua & Raymond Quisumbing, owners of MY PINK WASABI when I (ok fine, ATE!) accidentally found them at our neighborhood bazaar. I really thought they were selling japanese food because their chocolates looked like makis! :P Click HERE to read my post on that.
PINK WASABI started October of 2010 & has fast gained a reputation as one of the most promising brands in the dessert category. I wholeheartedly agree. And not only because they have agreed to be one of my 12 sponsors, but because I have tried their products & they are simply one of the best desserts I’ve tasted. Previously only made available in bazaars & home deliveries, they have expanded to opening their own retail store.
PINK WASABI specializes in Kashi Maki, a sweet hand-rolled cake crafted to look like a maki sushi. Kashi is the Japanese word for sweet and Maki or Makizushi is a cylindrical shaped sushi.
Eating PINK WASABI’s Kashi Maki is an experience, One does not just gulp down a kashi maki after 1 bite. Oh nooooo. First, upon taking out your precious haul after having refrigerated it, you have to wait until the chocolate comes close to room temperature where the flavor is at its best before you even attempt to eat it. Then you have to savor the piece & let it settle in your mouth a bit with closed eyes. Letting the chocolate melt in your mouth, allowing the cake filling to be infused with the chocolate, giving you a burst of wonderful flavors that will make you want to get yet another piece. For every piece in that box is different..
KASHI MAKI FLAVORLIST
– Amarula** (pistachio cake, amarula infused milk chocolate ganache, dark chocolate wrap)
– Chocnut (chocolate cake, peanut butter, milk chocolate wrap, chocnut bits)
– Coconut Dream (pistachio cake, coconut white chocolate ganache, white chocolate wrap, pistachio nut)
– Coffee Kahlua** (almond cake, coffee kahlua dark chocolate ganache, milk chocolate wrap, white chocolate chips)
– Cookie Kiss (chocolate cake, cherry white chocolate ganache, cookie dust, cherry and white chocolate curls)
– Midnight Mint* (chocolate cake, peppermint tea infused chocolate ganache, cocoa dust, mint jelly)
– Nutella Sesame (chocolate cake, nutella dark chocolate ganache, black sesame seeds)
– Oolong Berry* (almond cake, strawberry white chocolate oolong tea infused ganache, white chocolate wrap, strawberry jelly)
– White Matcha* (pistachio cake, green tea infused white chocolate ganache, white chocolate tablet)
– Murphy’s Law** a.k.a. Raspberry Vodka (Almond cake, raspberry vodka infused dark chocolate ganache, dark chocolate wrap, berry roe)
– Chef A’s Pop Secret a.k.a. Choco Caramel Popcorn (Chocolate cake, chocolate caramel ganache, dark chocolate wrap, chocolate covered popcorn)
– Neptune’s Weed (Almond cake, Malagos 65% dark chocolate ganache w/ seaweed, dark chocolate wrap, pinipig crunch topping)
These yummy goodies not only taste good, but they are aesthetically pretty as well. With colorful boxes to boot and comes in different sizes:
BOX of 4 140php (purple box)
BOX of 9 280php (green box)
BOX of 18 540php (pink box with steel chopsticks)
AND. They can even make you a PINK WASABI chocolate birthday plaque for that special someone celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, or just because! <3
Where oh where can you find them, you ask? They are available at the following outlets, do find one nearest you & get that Pink Wasabi experience! They also DELIVER. Delivery depends on area and time availability so make sure you give them a call.
*Moonleaf Tea Shop
103 Maginhawa St. UP Teachers’
Village, Diliman, Quezon City
Contact No.: 02-5089371
SM North Annex, 5/F Cyberzone
Contact No: Landline-02-6248168. Mobile: 0917-8833467
*The Collective, Unit P 7274
Malugay St. Brgy San Antonio,
Mobile Landline: 02-3309291
* Unit C 1535 Joshua Street Jordan
Plaines, Novaliches Q.C.
PINK WASABI is giving away GCs for 2 boxes of 18 Kashi Makis, redeemable within a period of 3 months from the date of receipt to ONE (1) lucky reader!
The 12 Days of Christmas Blog Giveaway:
As you already know, from December 1 & every other day thereafter, I will feature & raffle off 1 gift from any of my 12 sponsors & you have a chance of putting it under your very own tree! <3 I even encourage you to join as many days as you want, please don’t be shy. The more the merrier! Christmas after all, is the season of giving (and receiving), don’t you agree? So JOIN, JOIN, JOIN. This is for YOU, YOU, YOU! (I assure you that I am getting absolutely NOTHING from this aside from getting a chance to make you happy! <3)
And on Christmas day itself, I will post the 12 lucky recipients of my 12 Days of Christmas Blog Giveaway (12DOCBG)! Please make sure you reside in the greater Metro Manila area so I can ship the gift to you. For the food items, I will schedule a one-day meet-up somewhere.
Oh, and you have to be willing to send me a photo of yourself with the gift/s you win okay? I really really want to get to know you too. :)
The dates when I will feature a specific product & raffle off the gifts are as follows: December 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23. And on December 25, I will post the lucky recipients here altogether & we can unwrap your gifts at the same time! ;)
Merry Christmas from Me & PINK WASABI! :-*