Watching the CINEMALAYA movie SUNDALONG KANIN the 2nd time around just by ourselves gave Kap & me the chance to go on a dinner date in Malate right after. He used to live in the area when he was much younger, so we decided to cruise & see where we can eat.
Now the only food I can eat-all-I-want & enjoy guilt-free are: Japanese sashimi, Steak, or Korean yakiniku. We found HWAROIN KOREAN RESTAURANT, a Yakiniku place that was crawling with Koreans so we guessed it’s as authentic as can be. ;)
Hwaro-In Korean Grill Malate
Unit 101 Splendor’s Bldg, J Bocobo Street, Malate Manila (02 5540283)
Business Hours: 11AM – 4AM
Korean food is well-known for being spicy, flavorful and delicious. But did you know that Korean cuisine also offers numerous health benefits? Korean cuisine is so healthy that South Korea boasts of an obesity rate of just 3.5%. Aside from anti-obesity tendencies of eating Korean food, you can also take in these health benefits from their cuisines:
- Lower risks for cardiovascular diseases like hypertension as well as neurological illnesses like strokes and dementia
- Lower risks for certain types of cancer because of the anti-carcinogenic properties of vegetables
- Stronger internal organs especially the liver and the kidneys
- Better digestion because of increased appetite for easily digestible food
- Stronger bones due to the presence of isoflavones in beans and mushrooms
- Healthier skin since there are lesser amounts of preservatives
I love exploring with Kap. Once in a while we find hidden gems, and this is definitely one of them. I believe we found a keeper in this restaurant & will definitely go back again & again. 1.) It’s very clean & decent, 2.) Super value for money – the servings are really big, and 3.) the Staff are very courteous & the owner who is a Korean national mans the restaurant so quality & good service is guaranteed.
Yay all around! ;)